Zmailer and large alias files

Does anyone know of any performance issues regarding using very large
aliases files?  Is there a point where performance of the router (either
because of slow name lookups, excessive memory resources, etc) becomes a
serious bottleneck?

On a project I am working on, the easiest method to do what we want to
do is to have an aliases file that contains between 50K and 100K entries.

If this is a problem with the standard "newaliases" command (that is, an
ordered list), how hard is it to use a different file format? It seems
like it would be as simple as changing the relation line in aliases.cf,
but I was wondering if there were any snags in that plan.

Thanks in advance.

-- Brian Fisk * bfisk@netspace.org * http://www.netspace.org/users/bfisk --
        You're not going crazy, you're going sane in a crazy world!