autoconfig -- progress report

For short:  It seems to work (finally!)

One of the last troubles was that at Solaris the   config.cache
caused the   ./configure --prefix=...   to fail to get proper
libs for  socket(2)  unless I removed the cache before running
the configure..

I got a positive surprise at OSF/1, as it detected  GDBM,  which
was installed at the system at /usr/local/ -hierarchy :-)

I am yet a bit vary at taking modules into service, but the
smtpserver at nic.funet.fi  is now the new one, and interactive
tests with the router seem to indicate that it too works.

I have yet to try this autoconfig version at my Linux workstation,
and at archie.funet.fi (old nic), which is SunOS 4.1.x.
Then I am out of systems to test it at.

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@utu.fi> <mea@nic.funet.fi>