Re: [ZMailer] problem with removing router headers

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 09:12:27AM +0200, Bartek Krajnik wrote:
> Cytowanie Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>:
> >The  rfc822  function is implemented on   router/rfc822.c  file
> >as function:  run_rfc822()
> >It runs internally function called  sequencer()  on same file, and that
> >does all address processing and metafile generation, plus passing them
> >to the scheduler.
> >Some header rewrites are done at transport agents at delivery time.
> >What are your requirements for this header modification ?
>
> In one of my customers there is a need to have a copy of all mails
> (incoming and outgoing) - I'm doing it in simple way in process.cf
> (cat $file >> somefile).
> But after that I have a file which contains headers for router.

Those are routing envelope info.

> As I understood from docs headers are parsed by router, and then
> message is delivered to receiver/server (smtp or localdelivery)
> without zmailer headers.
>
> So there must be 2 methods to copy all mails:
> 1. In process.cf like me and then I need some parser to remove
>    headers for router.
> 2. In router and then it will be without router headers.

Or 3) always insert an archiver address on all emails.
Effectively as "Bcc: traffic-archiver" which gets processed by
normal routing rules.

The place to do that is in  sequencer(), but it will need around
50-100 lines of code...  Not quite trivial change, that is.
(Mmm...  it could be as little as 20 lines.)

I will have a look at it latter today.