Re: the ZMailer list is back under Majordomo and heavy filters...

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 13:53 +0100, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> The knock-out criterum against Mailman for me was that it keeps it's
> subscriber lists in some database.  Not fun if every once in a while some
> manual fiddling with the list is needed.

Well, there are the command line tools for editing various list options,
but also 'list_members', 'add_members' and  'sync_members'. I don't see
how "list_members mylist >/tmp/$$" and then "/tmp/$$; sync_members
-f /tmp/$$ mylist" is that much of a burden. Years ago, I inherited
responsibility for or a system that had some very large (10k+) members,
updated nightly from a different DB (msql, if you can believe it). Not
much to say about that, except that it worked.

Looking at CVS, it seems my router.cf mailman integration hack has been
expanded on; I wasn't even sure that it had been accepted.

Anyway, not to start a flame war, but what are other peoples problem
with Mailman?