"vacation" undocumented feature

No, it's not a bug but just a surprise.  I've recently discovered that
the "vacation" program only works by default if mail messages are sent
to a "real" user address and that it does not work if a message is
sent to an alias which resolves to a user with a vacation message
enabled.  I could not find anything about this in the "man" page, but
inspection of the source code gave me a clue that the "-a alias"
option would work around this issue.  Is my understanding correct?  If
so, then it seems like a simple documentation patch would be in
order.

--
Roy Bixler <rcb@ucp.uchicago.edu>
The University of Chicago Press