Re: What is "pipe prediction wrong"? (router hangs)

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 15:05, Matti Aarnio wrote:

> > The router seems to hang on anything that is in the aliases
> > file (for example "root") or any user that has a .forward
> > file. Email addresses with FQDN's don't hang the router, so
> > only locally generated mail (e.g., those from cron) would
> > hang the router, it seems.
>
>   It is telling, that ZMailer's shell-script interpreter
>   got confused with what would be next fd values for
>   IO redirections inside the scripts.

Probably this is not related, but when the router uses GDBM it *does*
leak file descriptors (like mad).

> > z# router a
> > <acli.interactive@>: address: a
> > (((local a a@XXXXXX default_attributes)))
> > z# router foo
> > <acli.interactive@>: address: foo
> > (((local foo foo@XXXXXX default_attributes)))
> > z# router root
> > <acli.interactive@>: address: root
> > router: pipe prediction wrong: got 8|6 not 9|8

I seem to vaguely recall that I saw something similar when I had the
router rebuilt after source changes without preceding "make clean", like
Matti says.

Eugene

This is a digitally signed message part