Re[2]: Own db of blocked IPs

Witaj Marek,

W Twoim liście datowanym 27 stycznia 2004 (22:03:47) można przeczytać:

MK> Thank's for the prompt replies.

MK> If I am to go to the RBL, I need to have the DNS which can use the SQL
MK> database as the source of records. I have (really!) about 10 seconds from
MK> the detection of "tricky" IP to the next connection attempt, and during that
MK> time my DNS needs to start to serve those IPs as blocked.

MK> Any ideas?

Yes, really try to use a dns based rbl like djbdns. If you need
something very unusual (you said smthn' about sql) for now I have
found something interesting:
      http://untroubled.org/sqldjbdns/
An postgresql based dns :) It is very, very old, but may be a guide.

For performance issues I would rather say that it may be inefficient.
I suppose from the address you are talking of Onet's mail servers. As
I can imagine it has to process a lot of mails :) and 100 times more
malicious connections from worms all over the world :)

So it would be better to build something like fast dynamicaly updatable DNS
with HUGE in memory cache if you need such a fast response.
10s may be too short to rebuild very big database into zone file for rbldns.

PS.

If you need some code for it, contact me :) maybe we can do something usefull
for all, and I'm from Poland too :)

greetings to all
 Robert Kurjata

--