Re: Sobig.f in zmailer list

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 04:47:18PM -0300, Mariano Absatz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it'd be nice if the user at 63.142.145.189 (189.winstar.net) whose PC
> identifies as "MICHAEL595" would eliminate the Sobig.F virus from his/her PC
> or at least, eliminate zmailer@nic.funet.fi from his/her contact list
> :-(

Sorry,  you are pointing at the wrong source this time around.
I checked message logs (accumulation mailboxes), no non-member
postings have made to the list for quite a while.

That damn thing is picking up addresses at random, and became
so major nuisance that at work we installed following filter:

  ftp://zmailer.org/zmailer/smtp-contentfilter.sobig

I have begun to use parts of that filter at e.g. vger.kernel.org
with  "-1 250 ..." response, e.g. silent discard, instead of
more normal "-1 550 ..." rejection.