Trouble with MaxSameIpSource

Hello Matti and guys,

I have some trouble here.  To make our "spam inhibitor" tool efficient,
I have to set MaxSameIpSource to 1 (or low number).  Now, we have a
neighbour server that sends to us (quite legitimately) rather high
traffic.  Plus, this server is apparently unable to do "session reuse".

First, they used multiple parallel connections, but they got growing
backlog of deferred messages.  Then they configured their server to only
open one connection to us.  But as they do not have session reuse, this
revealed an buglet in Zmailer: after a session ends, the next one from
the same IP address *still* hits MaxSameIpSource limit for a few seconds
more, probably because the previous smtpserver process is busy with some
logging/cleanup.  So, our neghbour still cannot send us messages fast
enough.

I am planning to move SameIpSource handling completely into our "spam
inhibitor", to make it cluster-wide (and set Zmailer's limit to a large
number), but we cannot do it fast enough.

On the other hand, it seems only appropriate if Zmailer's
MaxSameIpSource feature would be per-IPrange-controllable.  I wonder if
it could be possible to, e.g, combine MaxSameIpSource feature with
policy's "rejectnet" key, so that the current "rejectnet +" is
equivalent to newly introduced "maxconnect 0", while "[0.0.0.0]/0
maxconnect 100" is equivalent to the current default.

Given that sameipcount is actually checked inside the child, this sould
not be too hard.  What do you think?  Or maybe some other good advice
for me?

Eugene