Re: rfc822.c reject() doesn't send back to the sender?

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 01:54:17PM -0400, Peter Ip wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're running 2.99.55. The reject() function in rfc822.c isn't sending the
> error message back to the original sender. It writes the correct To line,
> which suggests that the intent was to send it to the original sender. (I
> can get it to send back to the original sender by removing any ADR lines
> in forms/* files, but I would really like a copy to go to postman.)

I had to compare with original 2.2.1 to understand that function.
I have apparently broken it some time in the past...

In essence we need 'sendmail -t' behaviour, but that is 'somewhat'
challenging to achieve in present environment..   Simplest way
is to remove _all_ mfp handle printouts from   mfp = mail_open(...)
to (and including)  fputs("env-end\n", mfp)   in that routine.

That does also remove all report tempate scanning in that part.

I will commit a bit more complicated thing (with a collection of
runastrusteduser()/runasrootuser() calls around mail_open()s,
and couple other things.)