RE: New fields in control files?

> Marek Kowal <marek.kowal@portal.onet.pl>
> > The other way is more "fundamental" ;-) store the
> informatin directly in the
> > the control files located in transport directory, which are
> associated by
> > router with each message. Those fields are already
> avaliable in TAs (via
> > ctldesc struct), so the whole idea seems to be more
> strightforward. Also
> > there is less IO involved in such setup.
>
> Go ahead ;) Don't be afraid of hard work - a good solution
> always involves
> hard work.

Well, that's obvious, but it worries me a bit - it will probably make my
zmailer very site-specific and I can forget about regular updates from
master CVS - it will create a lot of merge problems each time... I have to
consider those consequences as well.

On the other hand, there is the idea of effective header handling - this
would sound like both IO effective and also generic enough to be even put
into regular distribution. Unless it's already there, hence my question
(once again):

How to append new headers into processed mail in router in such a way that
they get appended to new headers in control file, but the process does not
involve rewriting the "original" file in router directory?

Cheers,
Marek.