Re: restrict accounts

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 12:23:08PM +0100, Rocio Alfonso Pita wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I would like to know how to proceed in order to restrict certain e-mail
> accounts just to only be able to maintain correspondence in the zmailer
> internal scope; while others could be allowed to external mail as well as to
> internal domains.

  Like Arnt did note, place for it would be   crossbar,  as that is the
  only place where _router_ knows both sender, and recipient addresses.

  Is it too late a phase ?   I am not sure.

  Do you want to enforce e.g. user NN to use MAIL FROM envelope
  address NN@NN  and also enforce "From:" and possible "Sender:"
  headers to be something in particular ?

  That would be a job for SUBMIT-mta, some of which functionality
  exists inside the smtpserver, but it is rather clumsy.

  I have thought of adding a support for submit-port service
  into the basic MTA, and parametrize which things it enforces
  built-in (e.g. "user must autenticate to send"), and which can
  be left for e.g. content-filter.  And how the content-filter
  will know, that there is SUBMIT-mode message in question.