From: Arnt Gulbrandsen [mailto:arnt@gulbrandsen.priv.no]
Sent: October 8, 2002 11:02 AM
To: Luke Galea
Cc: Matti Aarnio; zmailer@nic.funet.fi
Subject: Re: Zmailer problem

Luke Galea <lgalea@bluecatnetworks.com>
> As far as I can tell.. it seems that as the queue size increases the
max
> files increases linearly.. so there doesn't appear to be a way I can
get
> zmailer to accept an infinite (or limited by disk space) queue. Is
there
> any way to limit the number of files the scheduler uses?

This sounds suspiciously like a "wrong question". There may be an
answer,
but the answer to the wrong question doesn't make anyone happy.

A large, unlimited queue size implies a lage, unlimited delay in mail
delivery, which is surely not desirable.

If I recall correctly, the basic problem is that you're handling mail
over
to a virus checker, and the virus checker is too slow to keep up with
your
mail volume. Couldn't you buy another of those and have zmailer deliver
both in parallel? Or have zmailer deliver to your one virus checker
using
two parallel SMTP streams?

--Arnt