Configuration question

Matti,

When one sent mail to one of my mailing list from out side of my
domain, they got the following:

Diagnostic-Code: x-local; 550 (User does not exist)
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 15:34:45 -0400

It is obvious that <mail-list> is not a user, but a mailing list.  Why
does my mail server fail checking for it?
$ cat <mail-list>
group1
group2
$ cat <group1> <group2>
list-a
list-b
list-c
list-d

where list-[a-d]  contain real user names.

Also about the SPAM problem, when the spam host is pretending to
coming in from a good domain, our server fails to check using the
incoming host's real IP address, instead it uses the IP address of the
good domain from DNS lookup.  How can I change this behavior?

I am running zmiler-2.99.55 w/ Solaris 7 on a Sparc 1000.

Thanks,

Grace He
Ryerson University - School of Computer Science
Voice : (416) 979-5000, ext. 16697
Fax   : (416) 979-5064