Re: router busylooping

On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 02:08:24PM +0400, Eugene Crosser wrote:
> >      Previously all pointers I had were rather weird Solaris LWP
> >      threads, which the system should not be using at all..
>
> They still are!  I can only wonder why?!  The information I just
> posted was filtered out off multiple LWPs (three per process).
> The most "realistic" of them has a pointer into db() function on
> the top.  The thing happend 25 times in ~15 hours.

	I guess those are Solaris 7 things, although I don't know why
	all programs should have LWP stuff running, but if that is the
	Solaris way...

> >      Now I know where to look into.
>
> I also must admit that I *do* have a custom db lookup function, so
> theoretically it might currupt the cache one way or another (and no,
> I cannot run the thing without that custom function).  I modelled
> it after hostname lookup function, it's quite simple: search only,
> get a string, s=dupnstr(infostr,strlen(infostr)); return
> newstring(s,strlen(s));
>
> Anything I could do wrong here?

	No.  Slightly inefficient perhaps - calling  strlen()  twice
	for something which is going to be the same and thus could be
	intermediately stored into a variable..