Re: SMTP relay problem

Hi,

Andy Poling:
> Simon Brock:
> > I don't understand why this is not a problem.  The trouble is that
> > the script at mail-abuse.org checks it and marks a mailer which
> > accepts it as an open relay.

I have never seen a case where this happened.

> That is a broken test.  Unless the mail actually gets delivered to the target
> address, the server in question is not actually an "open relay".

... which is exactly what ORBS is doing, both according to their
documentation and my experience with them.

If you have _reliable_ data which says differently, do let us know.

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf@noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661
The quote was selected randomly. Really.    |      http://www.noris.de/~smurf/