Re: Mandating PERL for ZMailer system ??

Yes.  Systems without perl are like systems
without an ANSI C compiler -- not worth worrying about anymore.

You know, I was talking to Rayan a few days ago,
and the subject of zmailer came up.  I suggested replacing the router's
shell interpreter with a perl interpreter.
Redoing the .cf files would be a pain, but the advantages
are considerable:
	- it allows us to throw away a lot of old, dubious code.
	- it adds much power and flexibility.
	- these days, most people are more comfortable
	  doing non-trivial scripting in perl than sh.
Rayan didn't disagree.

Cheers,

Ken Lalonde
UUNET, a WorldCom Company