A stupid alias question.

I have a user "bob" and an aliased  program "filter"

what I want to do is in the alias file:
filter: |dowork
bob:	filter,bob

Now I am  sure I was able to do this at one time in that I had 2 email
addressed and I used it as a cheap way to forward the mail to my 2
accounts. Now what happens is that the filter action is taken but the
mail to "bob" is sent to the bitbucket.

I have looked through the docs but the alias file format is really poorly
documented.

Help anybody.

Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (416)585-9971
Interlink Connectivity        ||   fax:   (416)585-9974
alvin@iplink.net              ||