Re: offline mail delivery

"Andrey E. Lerman" <lae@uniyar.ac.ru> writes:

> > > Strange, it works fine for me. I even ignored the
> > > recommendation to remove smtp from routes= line in router.cf.
> > > Now looking for netcat to automate ETRN from /etc/ppp/ip-up
> >
> > Do you use CVS snapshot ? I've left smtp in protocols too, but
> > removing it doesn't help. What does mailq say when you send a
> > message ?
>
> No, it's plain 2.99.51.
>
> First, it looks like this:
> smtp-etrn/csd.uniyar.ac.ru:
>         G/232706-128:   (activation pending, thread inactive, expires in 2d23h, tries=0)
>
> Then, if I'm online it sends message immediately (without
> ETRN). If not, it fails to connect:
>         G/232706-128:   smtp; 500 (connect to csd.uniyar.ac.ru
> [193.233.49.110|25]: Network is unreachable) (retry in 12h39m,
> expires in 2d23h, tries=1)

Then it looks just like my setup. But the attempt to connect is simply
wrong. The message should end up in the queue and wait till ETRN
<relay-host>, no ?

> When I'm online, I do:
> $ telnet localhost smtp
> ETRN csd.uniyar.ac.ru
> QUIT

Try this:

#!/bin/sh
nc localhost smtp << --EOT
ETRN <relay-host>
QUIT
--EOT

/S
--
* Suavek Zak (Altkom UNIX Group)    #include <std/disclaimer.h>
* email: S.Zak@altkom.com    voice: +48 (0) 22 674 66 79