Re: offline mail delivery

On Sun, Sep 05, 1999 at 10:56:44AM +0200, Slawek Zak wrote:
> "Andrey E. Lerman" <lae@uniyar.ac.ru> writes:
>

> > > Unfortunately when I set up Zmailer according to this guide, it still
> > > tries hard to connect to remote host, despite the queueonly option in
> > > scheduler.conf (smtp-etrn section). Do I have to change something else?
> >
> > Strange, it works fine for me. I even ignored the
> > recommendation to remove smtp from routes= line in router.cf.
> > Now looking for netcat to automate ETRN from /etc/ppp/ip-up
>
> Do you use CVS snapshot ? I've left smtp in protocols too, but
> removing it doesn't help. What does mailq say when you send a
> message ?

No, it's plain 2.99.51.

First, it looks like this:
smtp-etrn/csd.uniyar.ac.ru:
        G/232706-128:   (activation pending, thread inactive, expires in 2d23h, tries=0)

Then, if I'm online it sends message immediately (without
ETRN). If not, it fails to connect:
        G/232706-128:   smtp; 500 (connect to csd.uniyar.ac.ru
[193.233.49.110|25]: Network is unreachable) (retry in 12h39m,
expires in 2d23h, tries=1)

When I'm online, I do:
$ telnet localhost smtp
ETRN csd.uniyar.ac.ru
QUIT

Soon after that, mailq shows what the queue is empty.

I recommend you to recheck what you done everything as written
in documentation and check logs.

--
Andrey E. Lerman @ Yaroslavl State University
ICQ: 9418370, primary email: lae@uniyar.ac.ru