Re: Adding Users

Matti,

are you back at home?  I have a couple of questions for you.  The first
is related to "adding users" - remember there was a discussion in the list
about an interface for custom replacement of getpw{nam,uid} functions?
I have some ideas on this matter, and even ready to write code, but I want
to discuss the concept first.

The second question is easy.  In .cf scripts, when a database lookup is
performed, there is a piece of code like this:

        if a="$(fqdnaliases "$lcaddress")" ; then
                db add expansions "$lcaddress" fqdnaliases
                priv=$(filepriv -M 644 $MAILVAR/db/fqdnaliases$DBEXTtest \
                                $(db owner fqdnaliases)) &&
                nattr=$(newattribute $A privilege $priv) &&
                return $(echo "$a" |                                    \
                         listaddresses  -c "$a fqdn alias expansion"    \
                                        -e root                  |      \
                         maprrouter $nattr "fqdnalias" "$address"       \
                                "$plustail" "$athost")
        fi

Now imagine that I get a "new value" ($a) with a custom database
query, that does not have any file associated with it in $MAILVAR/db.
In this case, what is the "proper" way to assign $nattr?