Re: $HOME/maildir

Dnia wto, lis 10, 1998 o 10:56:32 +0200, mea@nic.funet.fi naskrobał(a):
> > 	will zmailer's local mailer support $HOME/Mailbox or
> > $HOME/Maildir ??
>
> At the current form, no.   But at router you can use 'mboxmap'
> mechanism to do similar effect.
>
> Should that be *global* option, i.e. affecting all local users,
> or a per-user one ?
And global and per user :>

> How should the storage file name be derived from the username,
> and/or $HOME value ?
IMHO it should chceck user's home directory in /etc/passwd
and write to /user's_home_form_etc_passwd/Mailbox (in standard Mailbox
format) or /user's_home_form_etc_passwd/Maildir (in Maildir format)
depending on zmailer configuration.

> (I can implement any strategy you wish, as long as I know, what
>  strategy is called for..)
It's nice.
For me storing mailbox in user's home is good thing because I must
set quota only on one (/home) partition and /var/spool/mail isn't needed.

PS. Sory for my english.

--
 -< Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz >------------------------< Cron on IRC >-
  http://www.misiek.eu.org     mailto:misiek@zsz2.starachowice.pl