Re: Ports in db/routes?

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Tapio Sokura wrote:

> Is it possible to define a port to connect to in db/routes? I need this to
> send all outgoing mail via SMTP to a server at 1.2.3.4, port 5678. So I
> enter this to db/routes:
>
> ..			smtp![1.2.3.4]:5678
>
> and it doesn't work. I also tried (without success)
>
> ..			smtp![1.2.3.4:5678]
>
> and
>
> ..			smtp!1.2.3.4:5678
>
> Is this possible at all? Without the port number it works fine, but it
> connects to port 25. I'm using Zmailer version 2.99.50-s8. Don't ask me why
> I have to connect to a port other than 25...

The routes db just sets destinations, not the actual transport specifics.
You merely specify that as	...	 smtp![1.2.3.4]

I think you would need to define a stanza in scheduler.conf:

smtp/*.your.strange.domain
       maxchannel=199
       maxring=10
       command="smtp -p 5678 -s"

I have no idea whether this really works (the man page shows
a -p param, but does not elaborate further...)

Cheers,
--
James S. MacKinnon           Office: P-139 Avadh-Bhatia Physics Lab
Team Physics                 Voice : (403) 492-8226