Re: Limiting scheduler retries...

Hi Andy... thanks for the reply.

Although most of the entries indicate retries at an interval of _about_
1hr (unusual word to be using when talking about a computer process) there
are several instances where the message was retried in only a few minutes
and other examples from the logs show similar behaviour.

I've had a look through scheduler/diagnostics.c but I'm afraid I'm no
closer to unraveling the mystery of the 'retryat diagnostic'.

Another factor may be that we kill and restart zmailer processes as part
of our log rotation just after midnight. I'm suspicious that the retries
sequence is starting over every night...?

david potter

Version info...
ZMailer router (2.99.49p10-s6 #12: Sat Feb 21 13:44:45 AST 1998)