Re: Problem with smtp TA

> Hello.
> > From:           Victor Gamov <vit@takthq.lipetsk.su>
> > Subject:        Problem with smtp TA
> > Date sent:      Tue, 7 Apr 1998 18:43:24 +0400 (MSD)
> >      But... Today I tried setup -L flag for my smtp TA (we have two IP
> >      address's on interface) and its has no effect :-(. May be I use
> >      this flag incorrect?
>
> I tried to do same few months ago with 2.99.49p9. No effect. At same
> multihomed machine, Squid et al. selects interface as desired.

	As I replied a bit latter, the problem is that the argv[]
	strings are overwritten during running of smtp transport-
	agent.  Within the  getopt()  loop you must add wrap
		optarg
	with:
		strdup(optarg)
	thus making sure there exists a preserved option value.

	It is in my lattest snapshots, and CVS, but not in
	ftp.funet.fi releases.  (Haven't done those for a
	while -- I know, I am well overdue..)

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>