Re: Out of order responce from Smail3 when PIPELINING

In article <19980303113748Z6852-21240+586@nic.funet.fi>,
 <mea@nic.funet.fi> wrote:
>> The result is that the sender gets non-delivery report with transcript:
>> "503 Need MAIL FROM command first."
>> which it totally confusing...  Not a clue about the real source of the
>> problem.  Not good.
>
>	I see -- eventually (once my thick skull is pounded enough
>			     with the idea..)
>
>	So you want it like this ?
>
><smtp nic.funet.fi nobody@nic.funet.fi 99>: ...\
>    <<- MAIL From:<always-reject@mea.tmt.tele.fi> BODY=8BITMIME SIZE=273
>    ->> 553-5.7.1 Access denied by the policy analysis functions.
>    ->> 553-5.7.1 This may be due to your source IP address,
>    ->> 553-5.7.1 the IP reversal domain, he data you gave for
>    ->> 553-5.7.1 the HELO/EHLO parameter, or address/domain
>    ->> 553 5.7.1 you gave at the MAIL FROM:<...> address.

But wouldn't this be as confusing? In my work environment, I can envision
people cluelessly sending out 32 meg stuff (while we only accept 10 meg or
so). I don't want my company's clients to call our salespeople about this
message.

--
Ambrose C. Li   <acli@mingpaoxpress.com>  +1-416-321-0088
Programmer-analyst/ system administrator/ PC user support