Re: Out of order responce from Smail3 when PIPELINING

> > > I am getting sessions of the kind as below.  Order of responces from the
> > > remote seems inadequate.  Can someone confirm that this is a bug in
> > > Smail?
> >
> >      Nope, it works exactly as specified.
> >      (I have narrowed the transcripts somewhat)
>
> The result is that the sender gets non-delivery report with transcript:
> "503 Need MAIL FROM command first."
> which it totally confusing...  Not a clue about the real source of the
> problem.  Not good.

	I see -- eventually (once my thick skull is pounded enough
			     with the idea..)

	So you want it like this ?

<smtp nic.funet.fi nobody@nic.funet.fi 99>: ...\
    <<- MAIL From:<always-reject@mea.tmt.tele.fi> BODY=8BITMIME SIZE=273
    ->> 553-5.7.1 Access denied by the policy analysis functions.
    ->> 553-5.7.1 This may be due to your source IP address,
    ->> 553-5.7.1 the IP reversal domain, he data you gave for
    ->> 553-5.7.1 the HELO/EHLO parameter, or address/domain
    ->> 553 5.7.1 you gave at the MAIL FROM:<...> address.

	(this is not yet even in my CVS tree, but is running at my
	 workstation...)

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>