Re: ZMailer and rich-text

>>>>> "mea" == mea  <mea@nic.funet.fi>:
 mea> While we have somebody from MS asking about email, it reminds me
 mea> to tell you about what we noticed about MS Exchange 5.5 DSN
 mea> facility behaviour -- essentially it is broken:

 mea> This blows: RCPT TO:<foo@bar> ORCPT=typetag;foo@bar This "works":
 mea> RCPT TO:<foo@bar> ORCPT=typetagfoo@bar however this latter is
 mea> against RFC 1891 specification about the ORCPT syntax :-(

 mea> At Telecom Finland we begun to wonder when there appeared a new
 mea> type of failures, and finally last monday we counted 1+1 often
 mea> enough to detect this...

 mea> There is not very much user originated DSN data around, but
 mea> ZMailer is heavy generator of it per RFC 1891 paragraph 6.2.1 (d)
 mea> the ZMailer is adding ORCPT if none was in the incoming message.

I just found out that Cisco PIX also mangles ORCPT (it changes the
semicolon to a space) for reasons that I cannot fathom. Weird, pix is
supposed to be transparent.

This causes lots of "501 syntax error in ORCPT value, this is abnormal,
investigate!" errors from sendmails on the other side of the pix.

--J.