policy problem

I was trying to make policy filtering work, but failed.  I wanted to
configure an internal host to accept connections only from the local
network, and destination addresses to that host only.  I modified the
example smtp-policy.src adding "rejectnet +" attribute to the lines
"." and "[0.0.0.0]/0".  Sure, I modified other addresses/domain names
appropriately for my location.

The result was strange: smtpserver still accepted connections from
anywhere, but responded "source address on the reject list" to any
"mail from:" entered from any host.

Any ideas?

Eugene