Re: scheduler channel/host grouping

> Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>
> > 		smtp/*.{cn,kr,tw,id,in,hk}
>
> Couldn't this be coded as several patterns with one ser of parameters?

	Such would require somewhat radical changes at the files:
	"scheduler/readconfig.c", and "scheduler/scheduler.c",
	plus likely at the main datastructures relating to the
	channel/host selectors, and groupings.

> smtp/*.cn
> smtp/*.kr
> smtp/*.id
> smtp/*.in
> smtp/*.hk
> 	interval=....
>
> > 		smtp/*.{nl,be,lu,at,ch}
> >
> > 	That is, following will not work:
> > 		smtp/*.{edu,ed,ac}.??
> > 	(to match all academic sites in several countries with this pattern)
>
> And this one should be possible, too:
>
> smtp/*.edu.??
> smtp/*.ed.??
> smtp/*.ac.??
> smtp/*.edu
> 	interval=....

	You are welcome to submit code for it :-)
	Either by modifying my 'patch5.test1' patched sources,
	or doing it from scratch.

	My current set of changes are entirely within routine
	globmatch() (scheduler.c), and the only reason for
	the code to be unable to do smarter, more complex
	matching was my lack of time.

	I will be off the net for a few days.  (... ok, I do have
	Nokia-9000 with me, but I can't really do anything thru that
	tiny 24x80 VT100 LCD-screen telnet (no ssh, shudder...))