dropping connections

HEllo,

do you thing it's bad idea to drop connection from machine which provides
wrong 'hello machine.name' ? or just ignore everything provided until
machine provides acceptable machine name ? acceptable name can be get from
DNS by trying lookups on IP -> hostname (and probably back), given hostname
etc etc...

I've heard RFC (don't know which one) says mailer shouldn't drop connection
when provided hostname is wrong. I even think DNS should work and if not,
that's the problem. Problems with spam are too big now.

(or should I write new RFC ?)

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin of one server at SANET Kosice, Slovakia
 E-mail: Matus.Uhlar@tuke.sk ; WWW: http://ccsun.tuke.sk/users/uhlar