duplicate email from Apple/Eudora Internet servers

Hi,

I am wondering if there is anyone else here who has gotten massive
duplicated email from a site running Apple Internet server or Eudora
Internet server.  The offending sites connect once every 15 to 30 minutes
and submit the same message as on previous connections.  Right now, I am
getting around this problem by outfitting victim users with a simple
'procmail' filter to quietly sink the duplicates.  But I am wondering if
there is any other solution available besides this, complaining the
postmasters of the remote site and complaining to Eudora and Apple.

Here is a sample SMTP conversation below:

16312w   220 press-gopher.uchicago.edu ZMailer Server 2.99.48p2 #1 ESMTP+IDENT r
eady at Thu, 15 May 1997 14:32:45 -0500
16312#   remote from [206.126.246.3]
16312r   EHLO mail.ness.org
16312w   250-press-gopher.uchicago.edu expected "EHLO woz.ness.org"
16312w   250-SIZE 0
16312w   250-8BITMIME
16312w   250-PIPELINING
16312w   250-CHUNKING
16312w   250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
16312w   250-EXPN
16312w   250-VRFY
16312w   250-DSN
16312w   250-X-RCPTLIMIT 10000
16312w   250-ETRN
16312w   250 HELP
16312r   MAIL FROM:<usera@mail.ness.org> SIZE=2522
16312w   250 2.1.0 Sender syntax Ok
16312#   -- pipeline input exists 34 bytes
16312r   RCPT TO:<userb@press.uchicago.edu>
16312w   250 2.1.5 Ok; can accomodate 2522 byte message
16312r   BDAT 2522 LAST
16312w   250 2.6.0 S.nSqHV26582 Roger, stored 2704 bytes into spool

Any ideas will be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Roy Bixler
The University of Chicago Press postmaster
rcb@press-gopher.uchicago.edu