Re: Behaviour of approve/approve script changed

> (cc:ed to Zmailer list as this seems to stem from a zmailer/sendmail
> difference)

	Of a ZMailer bug, in fact.
> > sendmail list@waste.org

> Then Zmailer (at least version 2.99.43b) puts the approved line into the
> header. If instead I try:
>
> > sendmail
> To: list@waste.org

> Then an extra blank line is introduced and it arrives at resend like this:
>
> To: list@waste.org

> Resend looks at the first line of the body (ie the second blank line) for
> the approved line and, failing, send the rest of the message including the
> approved header to the list. This may be a new bug/misfeature in Zmailer,
> but I believe the old resend was a bit more forgiving.

	This is a misfeature at code producing "Return-Path:" header
	at the local delivery channel, a.k.a. "mailbox" channel.

	That header is the last header produced, and errorneously it
	is created with a "builtin" newline at its end, which cause
	one extra newline to appear in between the headers, and the
	body. :-(

	I just got to my parents house for the xmas, and can do some
	"hobby work" from here -- that I have been unable to do from
	my office...  2.99.44 coming up one of these days (with updated
	man-pages, I hope.)
> --
>  "Love the dolphins," she advised him. "Write by W.A.S.T.E.."

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi> <matti.aarnio@tele.fi>
		Working at Telecom Finland development groups