SPAM

I have been noticing an incresing number of junk mails in some of the
mail groups that I subscirbe to.  I expect that this will get a lot worse
before it gets better.

Here is my proposal. An E-mail message that is destined for a mail list
is first compared to the subscribers. If the sender is on the list then
the message is posted directly. If the message is not from a list
subscriber the message is e-mailed back to the subscriber with a header
added to the message that has to be mailed back to the mail list for
processing.  This verifies that the sender has a valid return address and
can be reached. It would quickly catch those who are using some cheesy
little mail package or is incorectly configured there mailer deliberatly,
from sending junk mail.

This will by no means stop the rushing flow of junk mail but at least it
will fill a crack in the dam.

What do you all think??

Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (416)493-3325
Interlink Connectivity        ||   fax:   (416)493-7974
alvin@iplink.net              ||