Re: trying to talk with myself..

On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Gyula Matics wrote:

> (i'm still using .38 with the default config, my apologies if this is already
> corrected)
>
> After a power cut (no UPS... ouch)  and crash:
>  zmailer stopped receiving sending messages to the proper recipients.
> instead the postmaster started to receive messages like this.
>

> >From postmaster@garfield.sch.bme.hu Wed Dec  4 13:45:23 1996
> Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 13:39:28 +0100
> From: The Post Office <postmaster@garfield.sch.bme.hu>
> To: mlf@bucipc.math.klte.hu
> Cc: The Post Office <postoffice@garfield.sch.bme.hu>
> Subject: Delivery problems with your mail
>
> A copy of your message is being returned to you due to difficulties
> encountered while attempting to deliver your mail.
>
> Very often people attempt to send mail to USERIDs, which are not
> known to this particular system.
>
> The following errors occurred during message delivery processing:
>
> <smtp GARFIELD.sch.bme.hu linux-kezdo@GARFIELD.sch.bme.hu 65535>: Trying to talk with myself!
>
>   [ Part 2: "Included Message" ]
>
> Reporting-MTA: dns; garfield.sch.bme.hu
> Arrival-Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 13:39:13 +0100
>
> Final-Recipient: RFC822; linux-kezdo@GARFIELD.sch.bme.hu
> Action: failed
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 500 (Trying to talk with myself!)
> Remote-MTA: dns; garfield.sch.bme.hu
>

>   [ Part 3: "Included Message" ]

  If this happened after a crash, chances are one or more *.fc files are
corrupt.  Delete all the *.fc files, and the router will re-gen them from
the *.cf files.

  It might be a good idea to rebuild your localnames database too, since a
configuration error, or corruption in this database will cause this
problem too.

Tom