Re: 2.99.41 is available

Comments on 2.99.41:

I notice in the new aliases.cf file the lines:

        [ $PUNTHOST ] || [ $didexpand ] ||
        a="$(homedirectory "$user")/.forward" && [ -f "$a" ] &&

in the forwarding section.  This breaks (a little bit) the mail
handling system we have at UNC where we try to do as much processing
as possible on severl mail funnels before sending mail to the
host where the mail spool is mounted, where zmailer only stuffs mail into
user's mail boxes.  I.e., all forwarding and list expansion is done
from several 'funnel' nodes where users can log in, read and send mail
(eventually just using a sealed IMAP server), etc.  All local mail is
funneled to the mailserver, and all non-local mail is funneled to
an outgoing host. (To cut down on retries when some host on the net
is down).

Also, mailbox doesn't work 'out of the box' on AIX systems, because of
the stupidity of setreuid in the AIX 4.1 "C" library.  In particular,
from the AIX man pages:

  setreuid        The RUID and EUID parameters can have the following two
  possibilities:

  RUID != EUID    If the EUID parameter specifies either the process's
  real or saved user IDs, the process effective user ID is set to the
  EUID parameter. Otherwise, the EPERM error code is returned.

  RUID= = EUID    If the process effective user ID is the root user, the
  process's real, effective, and saved user IDs are set to the EUID
  parameter. Otherwise, the EPERM error code is returned.

  The real and effective user ID parameters can have a value of -1.
  If the value is -1, the actual value for the UID parameter is set
  to the corresponding current the UID parameter of the process.

So, one way to get mailbox to work is to work with the AIX stupidity
is to add:
  seteuid (0)
before each of the four calls to:
  setreuid (0,0)