Re: Problem with zmailer 2.99.27 (and others) ?

> Hi,
> I'm upgrading an old zmailer installation to a recently aquired Sparc 20
> running Solaris (SunOS 4.5).
> This is a large uucp gateway into Internet, with +1500 hosts in the uucp
> side.
>
> In order to get all these nodes to be trusted, I tried to use in trusted.cf
> a small loop to load all uucp nodes into relation trusted, by getting
> the list from a sed on /etc/passwd, like:
>
> for u in $(/bin/sed -n '/:5:/s/:.*//p' /etc/passwd)
> do
>     db add trusted $u
> done

I am not sure I want to know, why UUCP-node accounts need to
be trusted..  (I am pretty ignorant when it comes to UUCP).

My crashing test version is simpler:
  for x in $(/bin/cat /etc/group); do echo $x; done

> But apparently 2.99.27 does not like external commands to return more than
> 512 or so bytes, and it dumps core. Same thing in linux 1.2.13.

	Also DEC OSF/1 3.2D -- it is platform independent problem.

> I tried to understand the code in execute.c and interpret.c with no much luck

	libsh/execute.c: addbuffer() -- perhaps the bug is there..

> Matti, any insights ?

	None yet.  It will need some hours of GDB time..

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi> <mea@utu.fi>