Zmailer 2.2 SMTP sender interpretation of a 552 reply

 The SMTP sender in Zmailer 2.2 (e8 and straight 2.2) appears to
treat a 552 reply (RFC 821: 'Requested mail action aborted: exceeded
storage allocation') as only a temporary error (EX_TEMPFAIL in the
smtpwrite() routine in transports/smtp.c).

 Is my understanding of the code correct? Is my understanding of the
situation with 552 errors correct? Does anyone know why Zmailer doesn't
treat 552 as a permanent error and keeps retrying the message, if it
does do it for this reason? Is it reasonable to make the obvious fix?

	- cks