Re: Zmailer and Majordomo troubles

> I've got a problems with Zmailer and Majordomo..
>
> Under sendmail, I think mail going out had just a "From: " header that
> indicate the message came from owner-whatever-list. Now there's a header
> "Sender: Majordomo" before that which creates the problem that error
> messages get sent back to majordomo (and have been sitting there
> unnoticed for a couple weeks) rather than to the list owner. Any idea how
> to restore the old behaviour, either by reconfiguring majordomo or zmailer?
> I've got about 30 lists on this system and I'd prefer not to unsubscribe
> all the unreachable users myself. Any ideas would be appreciated.

	Hmm..  Add "majordomo" into group "zmailer" at /etc/groups.
	That should do it by making Majordomo to be a "trusted" sender,
	which can "fake" emails by free fill..

> And I'm still having a nagging problem with mailbox not preserving
> accessed time so user's new mail isn't reported.

	I am mystified by this.  It SHOULD preserve them, but why it
	does not ?  Should the access time be reset, after the file
	is closed ?  (never mind that it is not READ after the access-
	time reset has been done, only written, but the fd was opened
	for read/write.. ... it does work at Sun Solaris 2.4, in this
	form, though..)

	What operating system do you use ?

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>