Re: ZMailer scheduler <zombie>'s appear in Linux 1.2.13

> Hello,
>
> I did a compile of our in-use production ZMailer (works great on Ultrix
> and NeXT) to Linux 1.2.13 tonight, and discovered that the scheduler
> spawned subprocesses go <zombie> on me. Log file is uninformative.

.........8<................[stuff deleted].........8<.........

> Otherwise everything works just tickity-boo (router, delivery, mailboxes
> etc).
>
> During the compile I had minor complaints about libmalloc duplicates,
> and other small trivia, but nothing out of the ordinary platform
> glitches one runs into. Full compile after fixes took only 18 min.
>
> Anyone else run into <zombie>'s ? They just won't go away, and if traffic
> increases, I'll see my stack get swallowed up :-( Anyone offer any ideas
> as to why, and how to get a fix?

I have got simmilar problem under Solaris 2.3 and 2.4 with 2.99.15,
but in my case it is not scheduler, but router who leaves a lot of zombies.
It is probably caused by running multiple routers, but having troubles
with some DNS destinations I need more than one router to have reasonable turnaround.
	Jerzy
PS.
If somebody can help with this I can serve with any logs needed.
Jerzy Sobczyk              ____________ ___     Institute of Control and
J.Sobczyk@ia.pw.edu.pl    /  /     |  |/  _\    Computation Engineering,
                         /  /  /|  |  |  (____         Warsaw University
tel.+48 2 660 7297      /  /  _>|  |  |\____  \            of Technology