Re: transports directory

> only one language, as defined by the Scheme standard.  The number of
> variants is easy to understand if one takes a bit of time to understand
> their differences.  In general though most of these differences should
> be only visible to the implementer, and not to the user.  That's the
> beauty of standards, no?  They give implementers choice, and users
> something to rely on.

On the other hand, there is Only One Perl... As far as I know, there is
only one, very widely disseminated implementation each of Perl4 and Perl5
-- Larry Wall's. The only possible exception to this rule would be
MacPerl, the Macintosh implemenation, which still uses Larry's code as its
core. One excellent implementation means *no* implementation-dialects,
and a language whose definition is knowable without more study than its
worth...

Just my 2 dinars