Re: transports directory

On Jul 6, 17:44, Tom Samplonius wrote:
> Subject: Re: transports directory
>
> On Thu, 6 Jul 1995 Nicholas_Briggs.PARC@xerox.com wrote:
>
> > I haven't had any router crashes since I added code to detect loops in DNS
> > CNAME entries and MX entries.
> >
> > I think that ZMailer's advantage over Sendmail is that its configuration
> > language (zmsh) is easier to read and write than Sendmail's -- and
Sendmail's

>   I have no love for Bourne style shells.
>
>   Now I know this might provoke quite a response (quite likely negative
> :) ):  I propose to replace the zmsh stuff with either tcl or perl.

 Now THAT is a GREAT idea!! having zmailer use the latest version (or
whatever version you want to stick in there) of PERL makes alot of sense to
me. Perl and many of the extensions to it (OraPerl etc..) would be a great boon
to the application. Customizations would be alot easier (which have to be done
in any mailing system IMHO) and make changes easier to understand.

--
 Name:Trevor Paquette      |Alberta Energy Company Ltd |Work:(403) 266-8400
Email:TrevorPaquette@aec.ca|3900, 421 7th Ave S.W.     | Fax:(403) 290-8400