8BITMIME support in zmailer

    I'm afraid I haven't thoroughly searched the archives of this list
since I last looked in 1994, and saw no mention of this in the archive
for 1995.  So forgive this question...

    About half a year ago I did some tests on the latest zmailer from
Matti of that time to check out its ability to convert various 8BITMIME
formats mail it might be presented with.  The support was shown to be
not complete.

    Has the latest zmailer been rewritten to understand the MIME type
multipart/mixed with bodyparts containing 8bit CTEs, instead of
converting the whole thing to Q-P, dropping the multipart header, and
sticking a text/plain Q-P header on in place?  Matti?  Thanks...

    (Yeah, I could bounce around some mail to figure this out, but I
thought it might be more polite to get word from someone who knows)

    I ask this to determine in advance how well zmailer will cooperate
with soon-to-be-released MUAs and MTAs speaking 8BITMIME...  Of course,
the support for converting text/plain 8bit messages is okay, but the
multipart messages used to be a problem...

hacker and importer of chocolate Barry Bouwsma, MIME: <barryb@tuke.sk>

--hACKeD-MIME-mEssAge-BouNDaRy-666--