Re: smtpserver problem... (works now)

At 03:08 AM 1/28/95 +0200, Matti Aarnio wrote:
>>   Well, I managed to fix the router, as Matti pointed out, some systems
>> require GETPWNAM in hostenv, which worked fine.
>
>	Yeah, I plan to change the option around -- and its name too..
>	.. into something which is to be there when  getpwnam()  behaves
>	poorly, and the  zgetpwnam() is better..
>
>>   Now, I have smtpserver problems.  The server sometimes wedges when
>> accepting mail, and when it does, it refuses to handle new connections.
>
>	There the thing depends upon proper selection of the
>	signal handling, and  wait()/wait3()/waitpid() choice.
>
>	There was similar problem with  SunOS5.*,  see how it was
>	solved there.

  Exactly.  I just defined UNIONWAIT (I should have known beter; duh, does
FreeBSD sound like a BSD system?).  Anyways, i'll run it for a while and see
what happens...

  I especially like the localnames database.  It helps to deal with the
vanity domain name madness sweeping through our organization...

>>   Tom
>
>	/Matti Aarnio	<mea@utu.fi> <mea@nic.funet.fi>

Tom Samplonius

---