infinite forking

I am trying to install zmailer-2.99.7 for the very first time.
When I start up newaliases I get the message:

/canopus/local/zmailer/bin/router: option requires argument -f
Usage: router [ -dikV -n #routers -t traceflag -f configfile -L logfile -P postoffice]

If I edit the newaliases file and change:
	exec $MAILBIN/router -f
to:
	exec $MAILBIN/router
Then I get the messagee  "start newaliases..."  then I get another
message "start newaliases..."  then another, and another and another
and.... finally I fill up the process table and have to reboot
the machine.

Help!

	Leigh Willard

                                        Protein Engineering Network of
Leigh Willard                                Centres of Excellence
leigh@procyon.biochem.ualberta.ca         Department of Biochemistry
                                             University of Alberta