Re: Zmailer 2.93 bugs

> > I had not tried to do NEWALIASES until today - I get the following and am
> > confused as to where to look:
> >
> > # newaliases
> > Hey, you forgot to update the interpreter!
> > Illegal command token 198
> > ALIASFILE: not found
> > Hey, you forgot to update the interpreter!
> > Illegal command token 31
> > Hey, you forgot to update the interpreter!
> > Illegal command token 31

I'm running 2.93 on a Sun SPARCstation 10 running SunOS 4.1.3_U1
and don't have this problem.  What version is the above bug happening on?

Another bug I found was when a user has used /usr/ucb/vacation and created
a .forward file containing:

	\username, "|/usr/ucb/vacation username"

	the router will deliver the message TWICE to the vacation program:

	<CMM...>: recipient: local username username
	<CMM...>: recipient: local username "|/usr/ucb/vacation username"
	<CMM...>: recipient: local username "|/usr/ucb/vacation username"

	The file in postoffice/transport shows:

	r local username "|/usr/ucb/vacation username" uid
	r local username "|/usr/ucb/vacation username" uid
	r local username username uid

Also, I haven't seen any hints in the 2.93 code that it does .lock locking.
SunOS 4.1.x's /bin/mail, which performs the mailbox delivery, appears to do
.lock locking.  Is it safe to let zmailer write to the user's mailbox?  Or
should I recompile my mail user agents to match zmailer's locking mechanisms?

Thanks.

        Julio Polo
        University of Hawaii Computing Center
        2565 The Mall, Keller Hall