Re: Date mail header rewriting and RFC822

Hi,
  Cheryl Bien <bien@antares.aero.org> writes:

> For example, the following message started out at "2:32 EDT" but
> the machine we are running zmailer on rewrote this to be "23:32:46 -0700"
> which is the original time rewritten to the timezone on the machine
> zmailer is running on (PDT).

I've noticed that too.

IMHO, it's OK to rewrite Date: headers, _but_ only of no information is
lost. Removing the timezone of the original header and replacing it with
your own is not a good idea.
Removing the timezone and replacing it with its equivalent (e.g, MET with
+0100, NOT with whatever zone you happen to be in) is OK, and makes some
sense.

> From the router manual page, I see I can turn this rewriting off:

I'll do that until somebody has fixes to the date rewriting code.
(I don't have the time right now. :-( )

--
The computer programmer is a creator of universes for which he alone
is responsible. Universes of virtually unlimited complexity can be

Click <A HREF="http://smurf.noris.de/~urlichs/finger">here</A>.