Zmailer hostenv-fiel for AIX 3.2 ?

Hi,

I'm trying to compile Zmailer 2.2 (actually zmailer-2.2.1-mea-940322)
on IBM RS/6000 under AIX 3.2, because it seems to be a MTA that would fit our
needs quite well (after having problems with Smail as well as sendmail).

The problem is: I haven't been able to compile it under that operating
system (at least AIX pretends to be an OS .. :|), mostly because there
is no corresponding hostenv file included (I really hope that a correct one
will suffice and I won't have to actually port the thing).
I'm a bit supprised at the small number of host description files, because at
the first sight I don't find it trivial to write one.

Is there anyone out there who has compiled Zmailer under AIX 3.2 and/or has an
appropriate host description? I'll try around on my own, but I have enough
things to do (as sysadmin and as a physics student...) so I hope you can save
me some precious hours :)

Thank you very much in advance,
have a nice day,

  Lutz Pressler

--
Abteilung Medizinische Statistik            Lutz Pre"sler
Universit"at G"ottingen                     privat: