Re: BIND 4.9

> Hello:
>
> 	A couple of weeks ago someone posted problems they were having
> with BIND 4.9 and ZMAILER not resolving address/names.  I have noticed
> recently that I am having the same problems and would appreciate any
> solutions that were found.....

  I have had those problems too.
The  4.9  is more pedantic at handling several loops in query handling,
and also if the network collapses (partially), and you loose some (to
you) important upper-level zone, whole server may go catatonic, and
return boguous answers..

  Read the   info.bind   newsgroup to learn how to get  4.9.2-betaX,
which acts somewhat better (but it too went catatonic when "FUNET.FI."
zone disappeared from the sight of "NIC.FUNET.FI.", and local cache
copy did timeout..)

	/Matti Aarnio	<mea@nic.funet.fi> <mea@utu.fi>