Re: zmailer.conf

Felix Lee wrote:
> Matti Aarnio:
> >   I have symlink in /etc at those machines which run Zmailer.
> > Also I own the $POSTOFFICE, altough not all of its subdirectories
> > to simplify software compilation and installation as non-root..
>
> I was thinking of doing this too, but this is pretty strange, because
> you're hardwiring the value of $POSTOFFICE in the symlink.

  Usually I change some other parameters, than the $POSTOFFICE, and
there it isn't such a pain to (so far once) change that symlink to
elsewere..   Twice before I had to reinstall operating system, and
all local tuneups (SunoS 4.1 -> 4.1.2 -> 4.1.3 ..) but that is
not the point here..  (I didn't upgrade, I did clean re-install.)

> I'm wondering now, why not just make $POSTOFFICE /etc/zmailer, or
> something like that?

  I don't quite understand that.  $POSTOFFICE == /etc/zmailer ?

	/Matti Aarnio